Good morning everyone ! It’s Monday morning here in California and it looks kinda cold outside (Haven’t been outside yet to give the official forecast). I know that we are all getting situated and settled back in school or in our apartments and ready for the work or school week ahead. I wanted to share with you all what I started doing every Monday morning at 8:45AM PST. I started having a weekly phone call with two other entrepreneurs, Morgan First (Boston), and Elizabeth Saunders (Chicago). We are all at interesting points in our “entrepreneurial” careers and we use about 45 minutes each morning to speak about where we are at professionally, the goals we’d like to accomplish for the week, and we try to brainstorm and hold one another accountable for reaching the goals we set out for. I’ve found this to be not only extremely beneficial but also a great way to start out each week and really motivate myself.
I think that all of you should consider making some “short-term” goals each Monday morning. These goals can be about your internship process, about schoolwork, your personal life, etc. I’ve found that doing this really helps me keep my eye on the ball. For example, this week my goals are:
1. Get caught up with all of the resumes in my “To Do” folder.
2. Do some sort of exercise Monday – Friday.
3. Maintain a strict work schedule Monday – Friday.
4. Record a series of my YOUTUBE “Internship Tip of Today” videos
Now, for all of you, I’d love to see goals like the following:
1. Scan the http://www.quarterlife.com/intern site and email Lauren all of the companies that I’m interested in
2. Make sure my resume is updated and any Fall internships are on there
3. Make sure to ask a teacher from this semester for a letter of rec. before the semester is up
4. Check into deadlines of any competitive internship programs I’m interested in
5. Email Intern Queen a few questions I had for her
I really think that keeping track of your goals weekly is a great start and will help keep you focused. If you aren’t so good at holding yourself accountable than grab some friends and do your weekly call. Best of luck and get some of these great internships ! I’ll be posting new ones later today. I’m going to go for a run and then I’ll be around updating internships and getting you all the internships you want !!
Lauren Berger – The Intern Queen